Easy Ways to Save Money On Your Utility Bills this Summer
Apartment living in Alexandria, VA is a convenient option for many who choose the freedom of apartment living versus living in a house. With yard work, upkeep and maintenance handled by the management company, it leaves more time to enjoy the less stressful lifestyle available like residents experience at CITYSIDE Huntington Metro.
Whether you choose to live in an apartment, condominium or house, utility bills are part of the monthly budget. With a few tips, it is possible to make a positive impact by lessening your monthly summer bills.
- Utilize shades, curtains and blinds to dress your windows and keep glaring sun from heating up your apartment.
- Change out traditional bulbs with florescent bulbs. They don’t use as much energy.
- Set your thermostat to a reasonable temperature around 77 to 78 degrees.
- Shut vents to extra rooms, such as a guest room or office when not in use. No need to cool rooms that are empty.
- Keep AC vents clean so air will flow through evenly.
- If windows, front doors, or sliding patios doors are allowing air to seep in, contact maintenance to replace or install new weather striping.